Thursday, October 17, 2013

SOUPS

















I try to lighten up my calorie intake by having soup for lunch at least 3 days 
a week.  The quick soups below are hearty enough to make me feel full until dinner time.  I always add a bay leaf, meat, tomato sauce, and some type of greens like cabbage, kale, or spinach to my can soup. This gives my soup a homemade flavor. The addition of the greens make the soup healthier.  I also add left over veggies and meat from my frig to my soup because I had to throw away food. I used left over chicken, turkey, pork, or beef to my soup. 

Tip: Recipe ingredients are in bold letters. Read the recipes before you start cooking.

Tasty Quick Soups

Veggie Soup:  Place low-sodium vegetable soup in a pot.  Add  the following items :

one large bay leaf, 1/8 cup frozen onion, 1/2 cup cooked drained ground beef or turkey, 1/4 cup cooked cabbage, spinach or kale, 1/4 cup tomato sauce and 1 cup low sodium chicken or beef broth.  Bring to boil then simmer over low heat 6 minutes.


Minestrone Soup:  Pour soup into pot and stir in 1 1/2 cups of water. Add 1/2 cup cooked and drained bulk sweet or hot Italian sausage and 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning. Bring to boil then simmer low heat for 6 minutes.



Chicken Noodle Soup: Pour soup into pot and stir in 1 1/ 2 cups of water.  Add 1/4 cup frozen diced onion, 1/4 cup cooked carrots, 1 tsp dried celery flakes.  Bring to boil  and simmer low heat 6 minutes.






















































No comments:

Post a Comment