Thursday, November 7, 2013

FOOD COLOR MAGIC



I never had trouble mixing pastel colors for my cake icing. I could not remember what  color combination I needed for a pretty shade of brown, 
orange, and purple. I wanted to make sure my colors were realist and not garish.  I guess ugly shades of green and brown would be fine for a  Halloween party.  

I just recalled a tragic event our church had at our annual bake on year.
One of the ladies made all of her cakes hideous colors. Would you believe 
she even  had a purple cake with red icing?!  All of her cake colors were so  dark that the texture of her cakes were like rubber.  Of course, her creations  affected the profits for  the bake sale.  She couldn't figure out why her beautiful cakes didn't sell.  She tried to give samples of one the cakes.
No one would eat them.  A word to the wise, never put dark colors in  your cake batter. Please refer to the color chart below when doing colorful 
icing for your holiday cookies and cakes.





No comments:

Post a Comment