Friday, December 6, 2013

BAKEWARE GUIDE


I didn't realize there were rules for 
choosing bakeware.  I just purchased
the same types of pie pans and cake 
pans my mother used when I got 
married. I did get a bundt cake pan
for a wedding gift. That thing was so 
heavy it could break a toe. I had to 
coat this bundt pan with  a ton of
butter or shortening, or flour to keep
the cake from  sticking. I only see 
lightweight coated bundt pan these
days. I continue to use my beat up
aluminum pound cake pan.  Thank 
God my pound cakes do not reveal
the dented areas in my pan.


 

 ANGEL FOOD CAKE PAN 

Tubular design with a hollow core allows for 
even heating.  Ideal for angel food cakes and
bundt cakes. Straight sides and non-stick 
surface help the cake rise.


 
 BREAD LOAF PAN

Deep construction allows for high rising.
Perfect for bread, cake, and pudding. 
Excellent heat conduction permits low
temperature baking for optimum results.






SHEET PAN 

The workhorse of any kitchen. Thin sheet
ideal for baking cookies, rolls, and other
foods that don't produce a lot of liquids.
Upturned lips prevent products from 
sliding off and allow for easy handling 





CAKE PAN
 


Straight side walls for a clean, easy release.
Ideal for baking cakes and deep dish pizzas.




 MUFFIN PAN

Models available with 6 – 48 cups for high 
volume efficiency. Ideal for mini, standard,
and jumbo sized muffins or cupcakes.

 PIE PAN

Angled sides prevent crust from slumping.
Wide rim allows for simple fluting. Ideal
for fruit and  custard pies. Can be used
for quiche.

 


 SPRINGFORM CAKE PAN



Two-piece construction with removable sides for an easy release. Ideal for cheesecake, tortes, quiche, and other dishes that may be difficult to remove 
from a standard pan


.


No comments:

Post a Comment