Thursday, November 23, 2017

THE FORBIDDEN NUT!







I have recently had to deal and cope with 
new allergies monthly. The last allergy I
developed was my reaction to tree nuts. 
My first reaction was with peanuts. My
stash of peanut butter had to be given 
away. I thought I was doing a good thing 
when I bought an organic pecan bar from
a health food market. I was enjoying this
dessert when I began to itch from all over.
Two bites had me rushing to Urgent Care! 
My doc said, " No tree nuts,lady!"

I had to change my Thanksgiving 
desserts this year. My baking of my
decant pecan pie was forbidden! I 
recalled that my mother baked a lot 
of Southern Chess Pies for Sunday 
dinner. I used to love to eat them.
I had not tasted them since I left home. 
felt a ray of hope as I searched online
for chess pie recipes. Maybe I wouldn't 
miss pecans and walnuts after all. 



I decided to try baking brown sugar 

and chocolate chess pies. I found two

recipes that I liked on Allrecipes website. 

These pies are rich and sweet, so a small 

slice should satisfy my sweet tooth.


Here is picture of my two pies:







No comments:

Post a Comment