Monday, June 9, 2014

SEASON FOR GRILLING, PORK


We cooked out a lot when my boys were living
at home. I wanted to add something new since 
our grill menu was  getting boring.I added pork 
chops and various types of sausages to our fare 
one summer.They really liked the new additions.
I keep seasoning packets and various flavors of
grill seasonings on hand.These pantry items are
must in quick cooking.





GRILLED CHILI  PORK CHOPS

6 center cut pork chops 
1 tsp seasoned meat tenderizer
1/4 C chili powder


In small bowl mix meat tenderizer and chili powder.  Sprinkle both sides of the pork chops with the chili powder mix.

Grill both sides of the pork chops until they start
to blacken. Chops are done when no longer pink
in the middle.

Tip:  I didn't add salt since meat tenderizer is salty.
        Chipotle chili powder can be used also. 





GRILLED COFFEE RUB PORK CHOPS

6 center cut pork chops 

COFFEE RUB 

2 packs mild chili mix
4 tsp instant coffee 
2 T  brown sugar 
  
In a bowl, add all of the coffee rub ingredients.
Stir and mix well.Sprinkle the rub on both sides
of the pork chops.  

Grill both sides of the chops   until they start
to blacken. Chops are done when no longer 
pink in the middle.

**************************************

I was intimidated when I grilled ribs.  I had eaten
too many tough rib at cook outs.  I saw a fail safe method on the Food Network.  I have had great results with my pork ribs when I use this method.

****************************************









GRILLED PORK  RIBS
3 pounds country style ribs
1 tsp minced onion
I tsp minced garlic
Bay leaf
15 oz can low sodium beef broth

BBQ SAUCE
      


1 17-18 oz bottle honey hickory smoked BBQ sauce

1 tsp onion powder

1 tsp garlic powder
1 T butter


In pot, add onion, garlic, bay leaf, broth, ribs, and enough water to cover the ribs.  Parboil ribs 40 minutes or until fork tender. Remove from heat and set aside.  

In small pot melt butter then add rest of the ingredients for the BBQ sauce. Stir and mix well.  Simmer 10 minute for flavors to develop.



Grill ribs until golden brown both sides.Brush the BBQ sauce on both sides of ribs then move to cool area of the grill.  Cook 15 minutes or until sauce caramelizes.  Wrap ribs tight in foil and place in a warm oven until ready to serve.








I purchased this little cookbook on sale at a discount
store. It was full of great recipes.  Here a few of them.









GRILLED CHIPOTLE HONEY PORK



1/3 C honey
1/3 C  fresh lime juice (3-4 limes)
2 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, drained, finely chopped
1 tsp  adobo sauce (from can of chipotle chiles)
2 pork tenderloins (3/4 lb each)
1/4 tsp  salt
1/8 tsp  pepper
Cooking spray


Prepare your  charcoal grill. 


In pan, mix honey, lime juice, chiles and

adobo sauce. When grill is heated, sprinkle
pork tenderloins with salt and pepper; lightly
spray with cooking spray. Cover grill.  Cook
15 to 20 minutes, turning occasionally. Brush 
with honey mixture during last 10 minutes
of cooking time,
 









HONEY MUSTARD TENDERLOINS
2 (3/4-lb.) pork tenderloins**
1 T olive oil
1/2  tsp salt
1/4  tsp pepper
1 C favorite  honey-mustard salad dressing
1/4 C chopped fresh basil


Heat grill.  Brush pork tenderloins with oil; 

sprinkle with salt pepper. In small saucepan,
combine salad dressing and basil; mix well.
When ready to grill, place pork on gas grill
over medium heat or on charcoal grill 4 to 6
inches from medium coals; cover grill. Cook 
15 minutes or until pork is fork tender and
juices run clear, turning and brushing with
salad dressing mixture 2 or 3 times.



**Recipe in cookbook use turkey tenderloin. 


*********************************************
I discovered a few years ago that all types of large sausages like polish, smoked, and kielbasa taste
great on the grill.  I tried the sausages after I got bored with hot dogs.I parboil my sausages so that
I can remove some of the sodium. My family's goal
is to watch our sodium intake.   My mom gave me 
this tip about parboiling the sausage.









GRILLED SAUSAGES


6 polish or kielbasa sausages
medium onion, sliced onion
medium bell pepper, sliced
water 
oil


In a large pot, add sausages and cover them with water. Bring sausages and to a boil.  Remove after
5 minutes.  Make small diagonal slits in  sausages.
Place the sausages, onion, and bell pepper in a foil
pan.  Add enough oil to keep peppers and onions
from sticking during cooking.


Grill sausages,onions, and bell peppers until they 
are brown.


Tip: I heat my buns on the grill so they will 
have nice grill marks.Hate hot sausages with cold buns.




















DIREC

 C minutes.

 

FAIL 








No comments:

Post a Comment