Tuesday, January 28, 2014

I * LOVE * SRIRACHA!!!!!


 

My boss gave me a bottle of hot sauce for
a Christmas gift 2 years ago. I was not happy
with my gift, but I did say," thanks". I left it in
my cabinet for several months.  I had used up 
my favorite hot sauce and did not want to go
to the grocery store.  I examined my boss' hot
sauce bottle and it had oriental letters on it. I sprinkled a little on my baked chicken wings.
Wow! This sauce had a kick but it tasted very
good. I went back to my boss and asked her 
where she got this wonderful hot sauce. I 
thanked her again for turning me on to this
hot stuff!! She said her 4 year old son loves 
it too.  I asked if she was kidding. She said
he saw her drowning her food in it and kept
bugging her for a taste. She figured that one
hot taste would shut him up. He shocked her
when he yelled for some more. The two of
them have been are Sriracha addicts since
that time. I request that  my sons include a
bottle of Sriracha in my Christmas gift bag. 

I added my own Sriracha recipes that my 
family enjoys. I included recipes that had
regular hot sauce which I adjusted. I have
replace it with Sriracha. I no longer buy
regular hot sauce. I hope you Sriracha 
lovers will try these updated recipes.

I challenge people who have never heard 
of Sriracha is to buy some. I found out 
that the sauce is named after a city called
Si Racha in Thailand. I found this hot sauce
in the Asian Food section at my local store. 
You do not have to be a spicy food lover to
enjoy it. The Sriracha hot sauce is not your
typical hot sauce. It has a delicious flavor
and enhances the taste of your food!!










MS LYDIA'S BAKED SRIRACHA CHICKEN WINGS

5 lb bag party chicken wings, thawed
2 C Sriracha, divided
salt and pepper to taste

Use clean hands to toss wings, salt, pepper 
and 1 cup Sriracha together in a large bowl.
Let marinate in refrigerator for at least 4 hours.  Shake off excess marinade from wings and place
them in single layer on foil lined sheet pan. 

Preheat oven 400 degrees. Bake wings 30 minutes 
or until juices run clear. 

Place 1 cup Sriracha in small serving bowl to use as
a dipping sauce.




SRIRACHA BBQ CHICKEN 
1/4 C ketchup
1/4 C Sriracha hot sauce
1/3 C red wine vinegar
1 T mustard
1 T worcestershire sauce
1 T onion powder
1 T garlic powder
1 T sugar
4 T butter
8 chicken legs


Use sauce pan to combine ketchup, hot sauce, vinegar, mustard, worcestershire  sauce, onion powder, garlic powder, sugar and butter. Cook

over low heat, 10 minutes, stirring constantly. 
Let sauce cool. Toss chicken legs with 1/2 of
the sauce. Place on foil lined sheet pan.  Bake
400 degree oven 20 minutes. Baste chicken 

with rest of sauce and cook for additional 15 
minutes. The chicken is done when the juices 
run clear.

 


CREAMY BBQ CHICKEN WINGS

Marinade:


5 lb. bag party chicken wings, thawed
2 C  Mayonnaise
1/3 C Sriracha hot sauce
1/3 C Favorite  BBQ Sauce

Combine mayonnaise, Sriracha, and BBQ Sauce 

in a large bowl. 
Add wings to mayonnaise mixture and marinate
in refrigerator for 4 hours. Remove wings from marinade.

Cook wings on grill pan 25 minutes. The chicken 
is done when brown on both sides and the juices 
run clear.



ROASTED VEGGIE WITH SPICY  DIPPING SAUCE
ROASTED VEGGIES

1 lb bag frozen broccoli & cauliflower, thawed & well drained
salt & pepper to taste
2 T olive oil

SAUCE
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 tsp Sriracha sauce
1 T lemon  juice


Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.  Toss veggies with olive oil, salt and pepper.
Place them in single layer on foil lined sheet pan. Roast 15 minutes or until
veggies are light brown.

Combine sour cream, mayonnaise, Sriracha, and  lemon juice. Mix well.
Place dipping sauce and roasted veggies on serving tray. Enjoy!

NOTE:  DOUBLE RECIPE IF SERVING A CROWD OF PEOPLE!













SPICY CHEESE SAUCE

3 T butter
3 T corn starch
1/2 tsp dry mustard
2 C  milk
1 C shredded Cheddar cheese
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp  pepper
1 tsp
Sriracha sauce (or to taste)


Melt butter in a  sauce pan over low heat.  Add

corn starch and mustard and whisk until mixture
is smooth. Gradually add milk and whisk until
well blended. Add  cheese and cook over low
heat, stirring  occasionally. Cook 15 minutes 
or until sauce has thickened. Remove from heat
and stir in Sriracha, salt and pepper.

NOTE:  GOOD ON STEAMED VEGGIES AND 

COOKED PASTA






I grew up eating canned Pink Alaskan salmon.
My mom could make the best salmon patties.
She served it with coleslaw and corn cakes. I
have replaced the hot sauce with Sriracha. My
family has tasted fresh salmon but still prefer
canned. The canned salmon is inexpensive.
Trader Joe's has canned salmon which is skin
less and boneless.

 








SPICY SALMON PATTIES


16 oz can Pink Alaskan salmon
1 tsp Sriracha
1 minced onions
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp salt

1 egg, slightly beaten
1/4 C plain dry bread crumbs
4 T cooking oil

Drain salmon and remove skin and bones. Place salmon in  a bowl and flake with a fork. Stir in Sriracha, onions, salt, pepper, and bread crumbs.

Add egg and mix well. Form into 5 patties. Heat a skillet over medium heat and add oil. Cook patties 
4 minutes each side or until golden brown.


 



I wondered how the fast food restaurants got
those eggs thin and flat like a pancake. I began
experimenting at home.  I discovered that less

whole eggs were needed when I made mini egg
omelets. I could use one egg per person instead
of two. These omelets will be thinner and cook
faster than the traditional omelet. I can change
the recipe because the possibilities are endless.
The onions, cheese, bell pepper, mushrooms, chopped bacon, or cooked sausage had to be
ready to sprinkle on my omelets.  The Sriracha,
give the egg a flavor boost.  Sometimes I even
had a couple omelets left over for breakfast the 
next day.



MINI CHEESY SRIRACHA OMELETS

6 large eggs
1/2 C cheddar cheese
1 tsp Sriracha sauce(or to taste)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 tsp water
5 T butter
1 T green onions, chopped, for garnish

Preheat cast iron skillet over medium heat.
In a bowl add eggs, Sriracha, water, salt 
and pepper. Whisk until well blended.  Melt 
1 tablespoon butter in skillet. Add 1/4 cup 
of egg mixture to skillet and sprinkle with 
one tablespoon of cheese. Let edges of 
eggs set.  Fold egg in half when center is
almost done. Remove from heat and place 
on oven proof platter.  Repeat  the process.  
Keep mini omelets warm in a 200 degree
oven until all the omelets have been cooked.

Option: Garnish with green onions.


 

SWEET SRIRCHA PRETZELS

1/2 C oil 
2  oz  packet ranch dip mix 
1/2 tsp garlic powder 
1/4 C honey, warm
3 T Sriracha 
16 oz  bag mini pretzels twists


In large bowl add oil, ranch mix, garlic
powder, honey, and Srirachal. Stir until 
pretzels completely coated.  Spread in
singles layer on foil lined sheet pans. 

Bake for 1 hour. Drain on paper towels
to remove excess oil. 



No comments:

Post a Comment